Saturday, July 15, 2017

Quick Simple Italian Baked Chicken

These days work is keeping me very busy. I work 75 hours a week sometimes more and that is done in 5 days. So when I get home, I'm too exhausted to cook. Which is a crime because cooking has always been my creative outlet and stress reliever. Being that I'm too pooped to pop my meals have to be super easy. Breakfast food is a main staple as is salad and sandwiches.
I have a few previous meals and recipes that I'll be sharing from the last month however, when those are complete, you'll begin to see new recipes. I am attempting to go Keto/Low Carb. It is not easy as I love fruit and sugar. Keto does away with both. I can tell you now I will not do this one hundred percent perfect or as recommended. I need fruit!
A key for me is food prep. If I don't have things quick and easy to grab I will tend to gravitate to drive thru, which is not budget or diet friendly. So I'm dicing, chopping, separating and packing foods for quick snacks and meal time. I'll let you know how it goes.
Quick Simple Italian Baked Chicken
Sliced zucchini (1 medium size)
Diced butternut squash (1 cup)
Chicken breast (2 large boneless skinless, butterfly open)
Place the veggies in the baking pan, I used a ceramic 9x9 square pan.
Place the chicken on top. Next...
Sprinkle parsley, oregano, paprika, garlic powder and onion powder on top.
Pour Italian tomato sauce over the chicken.
Cover the chicken with 1 cup of Parmesan cheese
Bake at 350 degrees for 25 minutes.

Serve with butter garlic noodles and a side salad or whatever else you choose.
Enjoy

1 comment:

  1. 75 hours a week? That is a lot, lady! Hope you get a break this summer so you can rest and refresh. Recipe looks easy and yummy:)

    ReplyDelete